Celebration of Reading in Florida
February 13, 2015 , Save the date!
The Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa - Bonita Springs, FloridaBuy Tickets Sponsorship Information Author Information Celebration Committee Photo Gallery Student Writing Contest
Florida welcomes its 15th Celebration of Reading on Friday, February 13, 2015, hosted by former Governor Jeb Bush and his wife, Columba. The day’s events include a private, intimate luncheon for top business partners and members of the Bush family; a VIP cocktail reception and photo opportunity; and the always-entertaining Celebration of Reading, featuring best-selling Guest Authors followed by a gourmet dinner. The host hotel is the award-winning Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa in Bonita Springs.
Governor Bush hosted his first Celebration of Reading in Florida in 2001 to raise funds for family literacy programs focused on breaking the cycle of generational illiteracy. Today, Governor Bush and his sister, Doro Bush Koch, carry on with this important family endeavor at the national level as Co-Chairs of the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, now in its 25th year.
The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy is the nation’s leading advocate for family literacy. The Foundation provides access to and choice of educational opportunities for young children and their parents. The goals of the Foundation are simple: we want children to start school ready to excel and help parents improve their literacy skills.
Our host hotel, the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, is spectacular!
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
5001 Coconut Road, Bonita Springs, Florida, 34134
Phone (239) 444 1234
(See additional hotel options available in the area)
Florida’s Celebration of Reading is a special day that brings together best-selling authors, business partners, literacy volunteers and friends to support The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy and to celebrate the profound impact that its literacy programs have on families in the U.S.
|February 13, 2015|
|11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.||Exclusive Luncheon with the Bush Family, Guest Authors and Top Sponsors ($30,000 Level & Higher)|
|4:30 to 5 p.m.||Press Conference with the Bush Family and Guest Authors|
|5 to 5:45 p.m||VIP Reception and Photo Opportunity ($10,000 Level & Higher)|
|6 to 8:30 p.m.||Celebration of Reading Event and Dinner Calusa Ballroom|
|8:30 p.m.||Guest Authors sign books Calusa Ballroom lobby|
|Celebration of Reading Event (All Sponsors and ticket purchasers)|
|5 pm:||Beer & Wine Cocktail Hour|
|6 pm:||Reading Event with Best-Selling Guest Authors Begins|
|7 pm:||Dinner (serving gourmet surf & turf dinner)|
|8:30 pm:||Author Book Signing Event*|
*Each guest will receive a commemorative gift bag which includes two books. Guests may elect to purchase additional books to be autographed by our authors at the on-site Barnes & Noble bookstore, where proceeds support literacy.
From Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) – Follow Terminal Access Road (East) to the intersection of Ben Hill Griffin Parkway/Treeline Avenue Extension. Turn left onto Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, and follow to Corkscrew Road (approx. 7 miles). At Corkscrew Road, turn right and follow to South Tamiami Trail (US 41) (approx 3-1/2 miles). Turn left onto S. Tamiami Trail and follow for approximately 2 miles to Coconut Road. Turn right at Coconut Road, Hyatt Regency is at the end.
From Fort Lauderdale – Follow I-75 North toward Naples for approximately 99 miles, to Exit 116 toward Bonita Springs / Gulf Beaches. Take the CR-865 West ramp toward Bonita Springs / Gulf Beaches and turn left onto Bonita Beach Road SE / CR-865 West. Turn right onto South Tamiami Trail / US-41 North / FL-45 North. Follow South Tamiami Trail northbound for 4-1/2 miles to Coconut Road intersection. At light, turn left onto Coconut Road, and follow to the Hyatt Regency.
From Tampa – Follow I-75 South, toward Naples, to Exit 123. Merge onto Corkscrew Road / CR-850 West toward Estero. Follow Corkscrew Road to Tamiami Trail / US-41 South / FL-45 South, and turn left. Stay on Tamiami Trail to Coconut Road, turn right and follow Coconut Road to the hotel.
From Orlando – Take I-4 West toward Tampa to Exit 55. Merge onto US-27 South toward Haines City / Cypress Gardens, then turn right onto West Main Street / FL-64. Continue to follow FL-64, then turn left onto US-17 South / Florida Cracker Trail / FL-35 South. Continue to follow US-17 South / FL-35 South to I-75 South. Follow I-75 South, toward Naples, to Exit 123. Merge onto Corkscrew Road / CR-850 West toward Estero. Follow Corkscrew Road to Tamiami Trail / US-41 South / FL-45 South, and turn left. Stay on Tamiami Trail to Coconut Road, turn right and follow Coconut Road to the hotel.
Sponsorship Information – Florida
Sponsored tables and tickets are available at various prices. For more detailed sponsor benefits and ticket information click HERE.
Our 2015 Sponsorship Commitment Form is available HERE.
Thank you to all our 2014 Celebration Sponsors. View the list HERE.
- Jeb and Columba Bush
- Tom and Ann Grady
- Fred and Stephanie Pezeshkan
Statewide Host Committee
- Carol Jenkins Barnett, Publix Super Markets Charities
- Romero Britto, International Pop Artist and Artistic Activist
- Sandra & Jeb Bush Jr., Spokespersons for Barbara Bush Foundation
- Peter Jacobsen, PGA Tour Professional
- Fred & Autumn Karlinsky, Attorney, Parents, and Champions for Reading
- Tom Kuntz, Champion for Reading
- Piyush Patel, Kyra InfoTech
2014 Celebration of Reading Sponsors
Bayfront Health Systems
Cruise Industry Charitable Foundation
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Fred and Autumn Karlinksy
The Mosaic Company
Naples Daily News
Dave and Karen Beré
First National Bank of the Gulf Coast
Gulfstream Media Group
Kyra Info Tech Inc.
Norman Love Confections
Paragon New Media dba e-Vents Registration
Public Risk Insurance Agency of Brown & Brown
A Plus Pro Photo
Associated Industries of Florida
John D. and Martha J. Bryan
Edison State College
Florida Gulf Coast University
Hope HealthCare Services
Jack and Suzy Welch
JM Family Enterprises
Ken Sneeden and Associates, LLC
Laird A. Lile, P.A.
NCH Healthcare Foundation
Shula’s Steak House
Walt Disney World
A special thanks to our new Celebration partner Southwest Airlines.
Tickets/Donations for the 15th Annual Celebration of Reading in Florida
Join Governor Jeb and Columba Bush, best-selling authors, corporate VIPs and state leaders for this extraordinary evening that helps us share the joy of reading – and the power of learning – with parents and children. The event isFriday, February 13 in Bonita Springs at the incredible Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa with six restaurants and lounges, a championship golf course, an Asian-inspired spa, salon and fitness center, secluded beach island, three pools and Camp Hyatt for children. Included events are a private, intimate luncheon prepared by celebrity chef Art Smith for top business partners and members of the Bush family; a VIP cocktail reception and photo opportunity; and the always entertaining Celebration of Reading program followed by a gourmet dinner.
We hope you will join us for this spectacular event.
Individual tickets will be available online closer to the event date. For more information please contact:
Tina Matte, Event Coordinator
- Individual Tickets are $250 for general seating at the Celebration of Reading event and dinner.
- Friend ($5,000) - Listing in event program and website with link to company URL. Includes One reserved table at dinner (10 tickets).
- Patron ($10,000) - Listing in event program and website with link to company URL, and opportunity for special guest seating. Includes 2 tickets to VIP reception; 2 tickets to COR dinner at VIP Hosted Table OR one reserved table at dinner (10 tickets).
- Sponsor ($20,000) - Thank You Package specifically designed for prominent magazines and/or websites including Florida Trend, plus recognition in event video. Includes 2 tickets to VIP reception, 2 tickets to COR dinner at VIP Hosted Table, and one reserved table at dinner (10 tickets).
- Investor ($30,000) - Champion of Reading package brands you as a leader in education, including social marketing via Facebook, Twitter, other online efforts. Autographed set of souvenir books from Guest Authors. Includes 2 tickets to luncheon, 2 tickets to VIP reception, 2 tickets to COR dinner at VIP Hosted Table, and one reserved table at dinner (10 tickets).
- Benefactor ($50,000) - Gold Champion of Reading package, plus online Sayfie ReviewBusiness banner ad (one week) highlighting your support of education. Includes 2 tickets to luncheon, 4 tickets to VIP reception, 4 tickets to COR dinner at VIP Hosted Table, and one reserved table at dinner (10 tickets).
- Platinum ($100,000) - Tailored opportunity to support reading efforts, which may include co-branded materials, employee volunteer/partnership programs, etc. Specially produced Public Service Announcement to promote reading and education, with your company named as partner. Includes 2 tickets to luncheon, 4 tickets to VIP reception, 4 tickets to COR dinner at VIP Hosted Table, and two reserved tables at dinner (20 tickets).
- Foundation Partner ($250,000 and above) - Unique national partnering opportunity with the Foundation developed in concert with the Partner’s philanthropic goals. Foundation will utilize its communications platforms to enhance the co-branded effort. Additionally, Foundation Partners receive all Platinum level benefits associated with the Florida Celebration of Reading.